What Is SATOP?
SATOP is the Substance Abuse Traffic Offender Program for alcohol or drug-related traffic offenses and is hosted by the Department of Mental Health, Division of Behavioral Health, and given by multiple providers in the area. The program provides services as a result of a suspended or revoked drivers licenses as dictated by a court order, an administrative order, a condition of probation or a plea bargain. Program completion is required by law to get your license reinstated.
Tips for SATOP in Springfield, MO:
- Timing – It is wise to complete the program based on how your case proceeds. Many people want to do “something” to help with the resolution of their DWI and having a plan can help.
- Privacy – You can work with your attorney to complete the program in a way that reduces your public exposure by reviewing your Substance Abuse Traffic Offenders Program options and what works best for you.
- Managing your Expense – The screening fee is $375 and the cost of your program will vary depending on your individual case. Understand the fees early so you can plan for them. Learn about financial aid options.
- Impress the Court – The Judge could ask you what you learned. Timing your SATOP required program will help demonstrate you are on the right track.
- Pick the Right Provider – Costs are fixed statewide so ask your attorney for referrals to the best providers that meet your needs.
- Understand the Levels – There are many levels of each program and various requirements depending on your case. Talk with your attorney to review the appropriate level based on your case.
- Judicial Review – In some cases, you may try to reduce your Substance Abuse Traffic Offenders Program requirements. Talk to your attorney about options.
How can the Law Offices of Matthew|Russell|Dempsey of Springfield help you with Substance Abuse Traffic Offenders Program?
- Our combined 30 years of experience as attorneys in Greene County give us an inside view for how to help our clients navigate the complexities of a DWI charge. We understand the “system.”
- We are experienced DWI attorneys. We understand how to manage a DWI case. We fight for you in court, but we also help you make good decisions that help reduce the long-term impact of an alcohol or drug-related traffic offense.
- We’ve successfully handled hundreds of cases and positive outcomes.
- We offer outstanding legal services without breaking the bank
- Learn more about our award-winning team of DWI attorneys.
Check out these helpful links:
- Overview from the Missouri Department of Mental Health: https://dmh.mo.gov/ada/satop/
- Reinstatement requirements from the Missouri Department of Revenue: https://dor.mo.gov/drivers/reinstatement.php
If you want a team of award-winning DWI attorneys at your side, contact us on our website or give as a call at 417-882-2522. We are here for you.