What is SATOP?
SATOP is the Substance Abuse Traffic Offender Program for alcohol or drug related traffic offenses and is hosted by the Department of Mental Health, Division of Behavioral Health, and given by multiple providers in the area. The program provides services as a result of a suspended or revoked drivers licenses as dictated by a court order, an administrative order, a condition of probation or a plea bargain. Program completion is required by law to get your license reinstated.
Tips for SATOP in Springfield, MO:
- Timing – It is wise to complete the program based on how your case proceeds. Many people want to do “something” to help with the resolution of their DWI and having a plan can help.
- Privacy – You can work with your attorney to complete the program in a way that reduces your public exposure by reviewing your Substance Abuse Traffic Offenders Program options and what works best for you.
- Managing your Expense – The screening fee is $375 and the cost of your program will vary depending on your individual case. Understand the fees early so you can plan for them. Learn about financial aid options.
- Impress the Court – The Judge could ask you what you learned. Timing your SATOP required program will help demonstrate you are on the right track.
- Pick the Right Provider – Costs are fixed statewide so ask your attorney for referrals to the best providers that meet your needs.
- Understand the Levels – There are many levels of each program and various requirements depending on your case. Talk with your attorney to review the appropriate level based on your case.
- Judicial Review – In some cases you may try to reduce your Substance Abuse Traffic Offenders Program requirements. Talk to your attorney about options.
How can the Law Offices of Matthew|Russell|Dempsey of Springfield help you with Substance Abuse Traffic Offenders Program?
- Our combined 15 years of experience as Greene County prosecutors gives us an inside view for how to help our clients navigate the complexities of a DWI charge. We understand the “system.”
- We are experienced DWI attorneys. We understand how to manage a DWI case. We fight for you in court, but we also help you make good decisions that help reduce the long-term impact of an alcohol or drug related traffic offense.
- We’ve successfully handled hundreds of cases and positive outcomes.
- We offer outstanding legal services without breaking the bank
- Learn more about us by clicking here.
Check out these helpful links:
- Overview from the Missouri Department of Mental Health: https://dmh.mo.gov/ada/satop/
- Reinstatement requirements from the Missouri Department of Revenue: https://dor.mo.gov/drivers/reinstatement.php
Schedule a free initial consultation by clicking here, or contacting us at 417-882-2522.